Dear Colleagues and friends.
It is for us a pleasure to announce the 4th International Caparica Conference in Antibiotic Resistance – IC2AR2021 that will take place in Caparica (Portugal) 14th – 17th June 2021. We welcome you to come to Caparica and join us for this exciting meeting that we are sure will be a reference event for the field of Antibiotic Resistance in 2021 (https://www.ic2ar2021.com).
The Organizing Committee is preparing an exciting scientific program, covering various topics, including rise of antimicrobial resistance and epidemiology: concerns on pathogen resistance and public health, mechanisms of antibacterial resistance, alternative strategies to overcome the problem of antimicrobial resistance worldwide.
It is our pleasure to announce the Distinguished Speakers of IC2AR 2021:
- Prof. Karen Bush, Indiana University Bloomington (USA)
- Prof. David Livermore, Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich (UK)
- Prof. Patrice Courvalin, Department of Microbiology, Institut Pasteur (France)
- Prof. Alessandra Carattoli, Faculty of Medicine and Farmacology, Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
- Prof. Fernando Baquero, Department of Microbiology, Ramón y Cajal University Hospital (Spain)
- Prof. John Elmerdahl Olsen, Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Prof. Olga Lomovskaya, Discovery Biology, Microcide Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Mountain View, California (USA)
- Prof. Patricia Poeta, University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, Vila Real (Portugal)
- Prof. Tatiana Pinto, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Prof. Fred Tenover, Scientific Affairs Cepheid (USA)
- Prof. Emilia Caselli, Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Modena (Italy)
- Prof. Bruno Gonzalez Born, Complutense University of Madrid (Spain)
- Prof. Christina Vandenbroucke-Grauls, VU University Medical Center (The Netherlands)
Due to your contributions to the field, we would like to aim you to present your research work with an oral talk of 15 minutes. As a welcome speaker you have a reduction in the conference fee, from 500€ to 395€ in early bird registration phase. This fee includes all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), coffee breaks, gala dinner (classic music performance), welcome dinner (fado music performance) and a visit to Lisbon.
The conference will be held in Hotel Aldeia dos Capuchos Golf&SPA (https://www.ic2ar2021.com/venue-registration/) in Caparica (Lisbon), Portugal, from the 14th – 17th June 2021. Weather at this time of the year is perfect, and the hotel is located close to the one of the best beaches from Portugal. The venue has two pools, one golf course and SPA.
Mind that to have the full package included you need to book in the Conference venue with the conference package (125€/ night in single room; 195€/night in double shared room). Please mind our instructions for this (https://www.ic2ar2021.com/venue-registration/).
If you are willing to accept this welcome, please send us your complete affiliation and a preliminary title.
You can find additional information at the IC2AR 2021 conference web page (https://www.ic2ar2021.com).
We would like to kindly ask you to divulge this event at your institution, in particular among young researchers.
WHERE: Hotel Aldeia dos Capuchos (https://www.ic2ar2021.com/venue-registration/)
WHEN: 14 – 17 June 2021
PRICE: 395€ pp (welcome speakers in early bird registration phase)
• This fee includes all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), coffee breaks, gala dinner (classic music performance), welcome dinner (fado music performance) and a visit to Lisbon.
Please click here to find more information & instructions for registration
Please click here for submit your abstract
Please do not hesitate in contacting me if I can be of further assistance. If necessary, drop me a call 00 351 919 404 933 London Time.
We look forward to meeting you in Portugal, June 2021
On behalf of the Scientific Committee
José L. Capelo, PhD, FRSC
Carlos Lodeiro, PhD, FRSC
Hugo M. Santos, PhD, MRSC
Conference Chairs, FCT – University NOVA Lisbon, Caparica – Portugal